Statement by Chairman PPP
At the Press Conference held at
Media Cell Bilawal House
On Friday, July 28, 2017
· Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto had stated that “Nawaz Sharif may succeed in conspiring against me but one day he will cry. He will remember me and my father.”
· The Supreme Court has delivered verdict. It is incumbent upon all to except it whole-heartedly.
· The verdict has disapproved the contention that the disqualification of a Prime Minister posed a threat to democracy and the parliament. The Assembly must complete its term
· The PPP has always supported democracy, Parliament and State institution and will continue to do so. It is unfortunate that by not resigning in time voluntarily and not offering himself for accountability according to law made by parliament that the former Prime Minister only undermine the parliament.
· We hope the verdict will help in deterring corruption in high place.
· The PPP will, in consultation with others parties in the opposition, field candidate for the office of the Prime Minister.
· Thee PPP believes in across the board accountability of all sections of societies and call upon the parliamentary committee on Accountability to urgently draft appropriate legislation to ensure across the board accountability.