Tuesday 27th December 2016
A meeting of the CEC of the PPP was held today Tuesday 27th December in Naudero House under the Chairmanship of Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and former President Asif Ali Zardari.
1. The meeting paid glowing tribute to Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto for her relentless struggle for democracy and for leading from the front the fight against military and extremism, against dictatorship and for the rights of the dispossessed and marginalized sections of society. In laying down her life for the cause of the people, Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto has been immortalized in history and in the hearts of people. She illumined the path with her blood for the future generations to traverse. Prayers were offered for the soul of Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto, Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, Begum Nusrat` Bhutto and all those who laid down their lives fighting in the cause of democracy and against the militants’ extremists.
2. The meeting reposed full confidence in the leadership of Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and former President Asif Ali Zardari.
3. The meeting endorsed the decision of Chairman Pakistan Peoples Party and former President Asif Ali Zardari to enter into electoral politics to give new thrust to the fight for the rights of the people and the war against extremism.
4. The meeting expressed deep concern over deteriorating situation in the country, abysmal failure in the implementation of National Action Plan as revealed in the report of the Supreme Court Inquiry Commission. It nominated Mr. Aitzaz Ahsan in association with Sardar Latif Khosa, Mr. Farooq H. Naik to examine the legal options for the Party in this behalf. It deplored and condemned the rampant corruption in the corridors of power and the blatant refusal of the government to get passed from the Parliament the PANAMA Bill already passed by the Senate.
5. The meeting decided to launch a Political Long March under the leadership of Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari to arouse public opinion and force the government to accept the Party’s four demand already announced by the Chairman. All the Provincial Chapters of the Party have been directed to start meeting preparation for the long march.
6. The meeting endorsed and welcomed the new provincial organizations and decided that the organization at the district and divisional level in all the provinces will be completed.